Our trip to Mexico!







Heeeeeyyyy. Welcome to my new blog, and my first post! 

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I've just got back from Mexico with my partner so I thought I'd write a post so you guys could see more than what I posted.

 Before going,I didn't know what to expect as people had real mixed opinions of the place so I was thinking aaaah I hope it's going to be nice, I hope we both like it! And my partner kept saying to me Just remember when we go Cinema and watch a film people say they hated - we like it! Random but very true lol! plus it means 10 days away with my boyfriend so I will love it either way. 

Web arrived at Cancun airport mid-afternoon and stupidly, I wore a tracksuit on my flight so when I stepped off the plane I was struggling and we still had to go through the whole long process of collecting bags, finding the coach and actually getting to the hotel. But that's just me in a nutshell, I don't think about these things. 


But anyway, less of the boring stuff... We arrived at our hotel, which was the Riu Cancun hotel - and it was sooooo beautiful. I was gobsmacked! I hadn't really been to a hotel or country like that before so it was so exciting to me.

 Once we arrived to the hotel, took our suitcases to the room and settled in, the sun was setting so we decided to take a walk on the hotels private beach. I have never seen such white sand and blue waters before! It was the perfect way to start our holiday. 



After our walk, we went up to the inside bar and got a few drinks and watched the rest of the sun go down. I couldn't wait for our first full day in the morning!




After our drinks we went straight upstairs and got into bed as we were tired as Mexico was 6 hours behind! And we wanted to get enough sleep so we were fully refreshed for our first day.
I won't talk you through our lazy days a hotel as they pretty much went the same way - pool, lounger, pool, lounger, eat, pool! 






















We went on a few excursions just to break up the holiday a bit, our first one was a trip to 'Isla Mujeres' which is an island close to Cancun where you can rent out a Golf Buggy and explore the island on your own for the day. It was so much fun! You just had to pull up on the side of the road overtime there was something you wanted to visit. We decided to go be explorers and find the small, turtle centre thats near the end of the island. About a 20 minute drive in our little buggy, and before we knew it we had explored the whole little island in one day! This is a must if you go to Mexico.









 We also went swimming with Turtles. The most amazing thing ever!!!!!! We went out deep into the ocean on a small boat with a small group of people, which was where most turtles were. We saw about three large turtles. Me and my partner were actually pretty scared of them if they came too close and would swim (flap) away. One of my favourite parts of the day is watching him freak out every two seconds because his mask was fogging up, and because he wasn't concentrating on swimming the tide was taking him so far away from everyone LOL.


Not the most attractive picture ever... But look at his foggy goggles. HA!


We did a few other things too but I won't bore you guys. When it came to Cancun nightlife, we didn't really experience it as we decided to be boring most nights. But we did book to go to COCO BONGOS as apparently it was a 'must'. I can honestly say it was one of the best nights I've had! It was a nightclub, but a performance/show too. The vibe and acts were incredible! Its basically loaaaads of performers that impersonate famous people from Michael Jackson to Spider Man! It was such a random but fun night! And we also found out that Jim Carrey owns it as it was featured in the film The Mask. 

So I'm going to stop going on now.. I hope you enjoyed my first post and hearing about my holiday. Here are a few more pictures for you guys. 


















 Summer xo  

Comments